Webseite TU Dresden, CMCB, FCCF
The Flow Cytometry Facility, part of the Joint Technology Platform of the Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (CMCB), offers a position as
Flow Cytometry Specialist
(subject to personal qualification employees are renumerated according to salary group E11 TV-L) starting at the earliest possible date as a leave cover. The position is limited until May 23, 2022.
The CMCB is a central scientific unit of TU Dresden and comprises the institutes BIOTEC (Biotechnology Center), B CUBE (Center for Molecular Bioengineering) and CRTD (Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden). The CMCB Technology Platform was set up to provide the scientists of the institutes with the best possible working environment for excellent research. The core facilities of the technology platform offer state-of-the-art technical equipment and devices. Further
information on the CMCB Technology Platform can be found on the website: http://biotp.tu-dresden.de/biotechnology-platform/.
Tasks: As successful candidate, you will be responsible for advising and supporting facility users regarding device usage, experimental design and adoption of methods for specific user needs. You will be training users in software and device usage and offer technical support, if necessary. Furthermore, you will support the facility management in the establishment of new technologies and the conceptual development of the facility and its integration into the BioCampus. You will advise on new software solutions and the launch of new analytical procedures. In addition, you are responsible for the organisation and design of the facility’s training programme as well as for the care,
maintenance and administration of the facility’s highly complex equipment. You will also process user requests including sorting of cells, analysis of samples and evaluation of data using device-specific software. Purchasing consumables belongs to your responsibilities as well.
• university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in life sciences;
• extensive experience in handling biological samples;
• broad range of biological and biochemical methods, especially experience in the application of flow cytometry: cell preparation, measurement and analysis of multicolor FACS stainings;
• experience in working with the following devices: Flow Cytometers from BD and Miltenyi (Canto 11, LSR II and Fortessa, Arias, Melody and MACS Quant, autoMACS), Imaging Flow Cytometer from Amnis (Image Stream Mk2) and in data analysis with FlowJo, Microsoft Office, Graph Pad Prism;
• technical understanding of the devices‘ mode of operation and of the device settings;
• excellent German and English language skills (min. B2 of the European Framework);
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
What we offer:
• implementation of own ideas and the work in an innovative interdisciplinary team;
• arranging flexible work hours to balance work and family life;
• care of your children through partnership with children’s institutions near the CMCB;
• providing a company pension plan;
• use of our job ticket for public transport in Dresden and the surrounding area.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities. Please submit your complete application with the usual documents by September 17, 2021 (stamped arrival date of TU Dresden applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: TU Dresden, CMCB Technologieplattform Accounting im BIOTEC, z. Hd. Dina Knop, Tatzberg 47/49, 01307 Dresden. Please submit copies only as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com