Webseite Gene Center, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) Munich enjoys a centuries-old tradition and today is one of the most internationally renowned and strongest research universities in Germany. The Gene Center of the LMU carries out interdisciplinary research and teaching in the modern life sciences.
The Hornung group at the Gene Center is looking for applications for a
Flow Cytometry Operator (m/f/d)
BioSysM FACS Core Facility
(Part time or full time)
The Gene Center has established a state-of-the-art FACS Core Facility at the BioSysM building that consists of four instruments (2 cell sorters, 2 analytical instruments). This facility serves groups at the Gene Center and on campus to analyze and purify cells from different sources (e.g. cell lines, peripheral blood, tissues). Moreover, it provides training, support and assistance to researchers to use the analyzers and sorting devices.
The successful candidate will have management responsibility for the BioSysM FACS Core Facility and provide comprehensive flow cytometry services for research groups within the Gene Center and also associated groups on campus.
Your specific tasks:
• Operate two complex cell sorters and two analyzers for flow cytometric cell isolation and multiparameter analysis.
• Responsibility for cell sorting, flow cytometry and data analysis/transfer/backup
• Training, support and assistance to researchers who use the core facility
• Calibration and routine maintenance of the analyzers and sorting devices
• Assistance and collaboration in various research projects
• Implementation of biosafety and work safety protocols
• General lab organization and administrative tasks
• B.Sc., M.Sc., Dipl.-Ing. (FH), PhD or related qualification
• You have proven experience in multiparametric flow cytometric analysis and cell sorting
• You are highly motivated, a teamplayer, and work thoroughly and independently
• Your communication skills in English are very good, as required in our international team
What we offer:
• You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects using cutting edge methodology
• Exciting insight into molecular immunology and cell biology
• The chance to work in a multi-disciplinary, international and stimulating work environment
• Salary according to the German public sector pay scale TV-L
The position is initially available for two years.
The application should include a CV, a letter of motivation, certificates and contact information of references. Please send the application to email@example.com
Applications close on 08.12.2021.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
The University of Munich is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped candidates with equal qualifications will be given preference.
Website Gene Center: www.genzentrum.uni-muenchen.de
Website Flow Cytometry Facility: www.genzentrum.uni-muenchen.de/technologies/facs1/
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org